Comodo Dome Firewall Review

User-Friendly, improves security, and gives me more control over my VoIP

What is our primary use case?

It's a working firewall that is designed for a small to medium enterprise and it does its job.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has given me more security, I have more control over my VoIP solution, and I can pick up separate VNs.

What is most valuable?

The setup, the configuration, and the security are the most valuable features.

This solution is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I haven't seen any feature that will allow me direct authentication for a VPN solution. It may not have an integrated VPN for this solution, which could be the reason that they do not have that feature.

I have been using this solution for a month.

This solution is stable.

We do not have any issues or problems with this solution.

This solution is scalable and we can upgrade many iterations.

We are never going to get to Fortinet or Sophos because this is a free system, with certain pay for features in it.

Fortinet is designed for large enterprises and we are not at that level yet.

Previously we used Untangle and SonicWall.

SonicWall is a paid solution and Untangle is a free solution with extra payable features, the same as Comodo Dome.

The setup of this solution is straightforward.

The deployment model we are using is on-premises. We will eventually have a cloud solution for it, but at the moment it is on-premises.

I did not use a vendor. I did the implementation myself.

It was self-explanatory. I had also used Untangle before and in some ways, it is very similar, so it helped me with the setup.

It's a free solution, with payable add on features.

What other advice do I have?

We purchased the solution and we are partners.

I haven't had a chance to go through all of the features and what this solution offers, but I think that it has an integrated VPN. I am looking forward to using another VPN. I am anxious to see it, as we are going to set that up for one of the clients.

At this time, I am not able to add any comments on how this solution can be improved, because this solution does what it is asked to do.

1 visitor found this review helpful