Compuware File-AID Review

Easy to use and integrate, and can map out control sections within load modules or program objects

What is our primary use case?

We use it to update data in Compuware File-AID for IMS and File-AID MBF.

We also use it in test cases.

Compuware File-AID can be used for DB2 as well.

What is most valuable?

I like that Compuware File-AID can actually map out control sections within load modules, or, as they're now known, program objects.

It can run a batch job to produce reports and spreadsheets or CSB to format a spreadsheet.

I like the ability that it has to format copy books in a presentable manner. So, you will be able to see the starting offset in length of each field within the layout.

The use of the product is very straightforward as well.

Integration is very easy.

What needs improvement?

Technical support has gotten better over the years, though there's always room for improvement.

I've been using it for, probably, close to 30 years.

It is a stable solution.

We're a very small organization as far as mainframe development. There are only four developers who use File-AID. So, it's still getting ramped up as far as its usage goes.

Technical support is provided by a mainframe management company and is decent. Their response time seems pretty decent. It's gotten better over the years. There have been features or bugs that we've reported that didn't get resolved for several weeks, if not months, but that has improved. So, I would give them a nine out of ten.

The installation is pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I think it's a very decent product and would recommend Compuware File-AID. I would give it a rating of nine on a scale from one to ten.

17.2
Find out what your peers are saying about Compuware, Informatica, Broadcom and others in Test Data Management. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.