Compuware Strobe Review

Stable with a good database and a good interface

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to deal with problems in the production environment.

What is most valuable?

For us, the database is the most useful feature.

The interface is great.

We don't find the pricing to be too bad.

The initial setup was fairly easy.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure how to improve the solution. It currently has all of the features we need.

There are certain aspects of the configuration that could be simplified a bit.

I've been using the solution for 20 years. It's been two decades so far, so I've been dealing with it for quite a long time at this point.

The solution is stable. It's reliable and doesn't have any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability is okay. We don't have too many people on it right now. It's only about five or six users at this point.

We plan to increase usage and add users in the future.

Technical support is very good. We mainly used manuals with the support being the Compuware site. It is very good. We're quite satisfied with their level of service.

We've always used Strobe. We haven't used a different solution.

The initial implementation is not complex. It's pretty straightforward. We didn't have any issues with integration, configuration, or onboarding.

Deployment takes about one day. It's not too long.

We did not need the help of an integrator, consultant, or reseller for the deployment. We handle it ourselves in-house.

I don't really handle the financial side of things. I'm not sure about what the cost of licensing is.

We did look at IBM. I'm not sure of the exact name of the product. Strobe is simpler to use compared to IBM.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's a quality product.

Private Cloud

Version 18 Windows 2
Find out what your peers are saying about Compuware, Dynatrace, IBM and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.