ConnectWise Automate Review

Easy to implement, very stable, and offers lots of great features

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider. The solution is primarily used as both an in-work controller and central control.

What is most valuable?

There are many features within the solution, however, I find that I usually use control or remote solutions.

I appreciate how I can check the user statuses, including IP addresses, flags, etc., and see the last login of the user.

The implementation is nice and easy.

What needs improvement?

I have a problem with the reports available on the solution. I don't understand how to work with the reporting functionality. For example, when I want to give a report for a specific machine, ConnectWise doesn't seem to have this as an option. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if the reporting functionality is just poorly conceived.

In the future, it would be nice if they also had a Service Desk integration between ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate. Some tickets should be automatically created in Automate and then passed to Manage.

I've been using the solution for five months.

The stability of the solution is great. Everything is working well. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze or crash. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is questionable. I've had some issues. I can't quite remember what they were, however, I remember scaling being a problem for us.

We have about 110 agents on the solution right now, and we purchased 125 in total.

We use it all of the time, every day. We may increase usage in the future, as we do use it often.

Technical support has been good. Everyone we have been in contact with has responded to our queries in a reasonable amount of time. We've found them to be helpful and knowledgeable.

They also have an excellent Live Chat option, which I've used many, many times. It's very easy to connect with them.

We never used another solution before choosing this product.

The initial setup is not complex. It's quite straightforward.

Deployment is super fast and only takes about two minutes.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need the help of a reseller or integrator.

We originally bought 125 agents and we do plan to potentially increase them in the future. I'm not sure of what the exact cost was, however.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner with ConnectWise.

We're most likely using the latest version of the solution.

I'd advise those considering using the solution to work to integrate everything they can.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.