ConnectWise Control Review

It connects reliably and quickly.

What is most valuable?

I've had zero connectivity issues - it always connects reliably and quickly.

What needs improvement?

The only slowdown I've seen is when quality settings are set to high - and this is primarily on Windows 10 machines that show a picture on the lock-screen prior to the password entry screen. It takes a while to load the screen image in high quality, and this slows down the process of logging in (basically until it loads I can't proceed to the password screen and type it in). I usually switch it over to medium quality and that takes care of it. It would be handy if I could set a default quality, or if there is a way to black out that screen like the desktop background does.

I've been using ScreenConnect remote access for a few months now.

The CPU use on both systems has been the lowest I've seen - on par with Windows Remote Desktop and TeamViewer.

Support has also been great - great demo and help with getting things set up for the first time. Haven't needed any help since then but I feel like I can get help quickly and easily if I ever need it again.

I previously used TeamViewer and Chrome Remote Desktop. ScreenConnect beats out both as it's easier to use than Windows Remote Desktop (outside of a local network) and it's less expensive than TeamViewer. I don't think I would have stopped using TeamView if it was the same price as ScreenConnect.

The other solutions that I've tried are Chrome Remote Desktop, Windows Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, and SplashTop. I've also had my electronic health record vendor remote into my systems using LogMeIn Rescue. Chrome Remote Desktop, SplashTop, and LogMein all use and excessive amount of CPU in my opinion (usually around 30% or so on a core i5 processor - which means one core is maxed out plus some). TeamViewer, Window RD, and ScreenConnect on the other hand usually use less than 5% and seem to have even better performance.

1 Comment
Dentist at a health, wellness and fitness companyReal User

My IT person set up ConnectWise for all my network computers at my office and at my remote location network. We can easily remote into any computer on both networks to find information or to access the existing problem for easy correction.

05 July 18