ConnectWise Control Review

The most valuable features are what it's made for, to control other computers. There are some bugs.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features are what it's made for, to control other computers.

Improvements to My Organization

My business is connected to supporting computers. Of course, it helps me a lot.

Room for Improvement

At the moment, I cannot use my own domain to install it and use it with my clients. I am forced to use their domain. This is a setback for me, because the previous form of licensing I used, and they told me they no longer support it, I could actually install it on my own computer and use my own domain to access it, but now I cannot. This is one thing they could easily improve.

Another thing is that you can use a web version or you can generate a file to start to work with it. I have some technical issues with the file it generates, because sometimes it cannot install very well. It has some technical issues. It has some bugs to fix.

Use of Solution

I first bought ScreenConnect about four or five years ago. I used a different version then, or maybe a different form of licensing. I don't know. I'm pretty satisfied so far, but of course, I have some issues with it.

As I've written, it has some stability issues. The file it generates doesn't always work. Sometimes it works just fine, but sometimes - I'm guessing because of the different operating systems, and different software configurations - it has some bugs, stability issues you might say.

I had to use their technical support once. They were very straightforward. They called me, and they helped me pretty fast to resolve my issue. I will give them a good mark on this one.

Initial setup is quite complex. It has long pages of settings, many pages of settings to change. Some settings that I require to change I cannot find there. It's complex to set up. I set it up pretty much the way I like it, but they could improve the menus, the setup.

ScreenConnect cannot be used in some circumstances. It's multi-user related. It's not very easy to use with people that don't speak English. The way you access it requires you have some basic knowledge of computers and English and so on. Some people do not have that. It's very difficult for them to start it. Other than that, I think it's okay.

Other Solutions Considered

I was using other products before this one, and I still use them: Ammyy Admin, TeamViewer, VNC, anything I can get my hands on. I'm using lots of related products.

Other Advice

I would tell someone interested in ScreenConnect the pluses and the minuses. If their needs are covered, I would recommend it. Different companies require different approaches to their clients. ScreenConnect answers most of them, but not all of them.