ConnectWise Control Review

Responsive and easy to install. I would like a full-blown fat client/desktop application.

Valuable Features

The following features of this product are the most valuable to me:

• Persistent access
  • Remote access
  • Ease of end-user installation session

Improvements to My Organization

We use it for help desk and server monitoring.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see a full-blown fat client/desktop application. LogMeIn has a desktop client which makes it much more convenient to access my computer list and create ad-hoc sessions rather than navigate to a web page and login.

I would like to see more user-friendly configuration. Setting up permissions are possible but not easy to do. Setting up permissions and groups in the portal is NOT simple or intuitive by any stretch. It’s actually convoluted and took me a while to figure out how to accomplish it. It’s done with Roles and you need to assign users to roles, (not roles to users) and then associate the groups with roles. Here is a quick screenshot to illustrate:

Use of Solution

I have used this solution for three months.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability. The product supports about 30 networks covering about 250 users.

I rate technical support as moderate: no phone support, only chat and email. I would also like to state they now offer phone support. They don’t advertise it but it’s possible to get a human on the phone and get help with this stuff. I did. I also had an issue one day and opened a ticket but it took all day for someone to call me back.

I used them all. LogMeIn Central had good persistent access but ad-hoc wasn’t good.

Initial setup was simple and straightforward. Just had a tough time with permissions and alerts.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

This is a premium price but is worth it given the responsiveness of the app.

Other Solutions Considered

MSP Anywhere. This one is more responsive and easier for end users to install.

Other Advice

The product works very well and is easy for end users to install. I really like it.