ConnectWise Control Review
It runs as a service and automatically reconnects if the client is rebooted. The previous version used to get blocked by anti-virus apps.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of deployment
  • It runs as a service
  • If I log out of a user profile, ScreenConnect continues to run. Some remote access programs will close or disconnect when the user logs out or reboots. ScreenConnect will maintain the connection if the user logs out, which comes in handy for user switching.
  • Automatically reconnects if the client is rebooted
  • Has the Meeting option: This allows tech support to share their desktop with a client. This is invaluable when I am working with another support resource who needs to see my screen.
  • Ability to control user input

How has it helped my organization?

ScreenConnect is our backup solution for remote access. For clients who do not have our MSP agent installed on their workstations, ScreenConnect allows easy connectivity.

What needs improvement?

We have recently updated our ScreenConnect server to the latest version. This significantly reduced client frustration.

The previous version of ScreenConnect was so old that it was blocked by Windows Defender, SmartScreen, and most anti-virus applications.

The newer version does not have this issue. The onscreen prompts that the user sees when installing the client are much easier to understand.

There are basically only two clicks required to initiate a remote session:

1. Elect the session you wish to join
  2. Launch the executable that is downloaded

I have used ScreenConnect for six months.

We have not had any stability issues.

We have not had any scalability issues.

I have not had the need to contact support.

We have a bundled MSP product using Desktop Central as our primary agent since we require reporting.

I was not involved in the setup.

What other advice do I have?

The products works well for what they are designed to do. However, if you are an MSP, you may need other software for reporting.