ConnectWise Control Review
Has the ability to transfer support to another admin/technician on the fly. If the connection is not strong, it can lag behind.

What is most valuable?

Some valuable features of this product are file transfer, the ability to blank out the users' screens, and the ability to transfer support easily to another admin/technician on the fly, while also being able keep control and/or view of what is happening.

The best feature so far is the ability for it to reconnect even after a computer restarts or the way it changes networks, although there is usually a 30-second to one-minute time lapse between this.

How has it helped my organization?

It made work and support much easier than our previous Microsoft Lync/WebEx solutions. It allowed us to still manage UAC while working in the user's computer. It has also improved the server's ability to add and run tools and scripts from the web console and adding notes to the session (sessions can be kept up for as long as you want).

What needs improvement?

The tool seems fairly reliant of bandwidth. If the connection is not strong, it can lag behind quite a bit. It can also be time consuming to walk everyone through the plugin that installs for it.

However, the main issue I have seen with it is that, if they are having issues with their web browsers or network, there is really no way to connect with it.

I have used this solution for around six months to a year.

So far, the only stability issues that were found have been due to the bandwith issues on the other end. There have been a few instances where the screen will not display unless we blank out the user's screen but that may have just been due to a bad connection.

There were no scaling issues. However, when using the tool and connecting to multiple monitor setups, you usually need to adjust the connect screen to compensate, as it keeps their native resolution.

I would give the technical support a 8/10. It has some great functions but coming from my past experience of using DameWare and LogMeIn Rescue, it falls slightly short. However, considering the vast difference in the tools and how they are setup, this is a great, quick and easy remote tool that does not need infrastructure support.

My current company has only used our already in-house share desktop clients, Microsoft Lync and WebEx, or just walked through issues over the phone.

It was very easy to set up and also we were able to figure it out without even having any prior training or instructions. This tool is, literally, open and start working, with almost no learning curve.

Previously, in my current company, we were using Microsoft Lync and WebEx for our remote sessions. This was thrown in the mix and turned out to be very useful for us. Our company does support multiple remote users; however, it is not a primary focus and for the most part, remote desktop administration is not needed.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a quick and easy web-based connection session without the need to be on intranet, then this is the solution for you.