ConnectWise Control Review

I can flip quickly among many monitors, detune video for fewer colors to make it faster

What is our primary use case?

We use it to support our company's customers. There are about 10 of us using it. We don't have any extensions enabled. We use both unattended access and remote support functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

Our company provides an application that does meeting-room collaboration, meeting organization in corporate meeting rooms. We provide configuration services, globally, to large corporations. The ability to easily remote into their environments makes money for us.

What is most valuable?

Valuable features include the

• responsiveness
  • ability to tune up and tune down the connection
  • video.

We use it globally, so I can be on with Philippines, Singapore, Eastern Europe, wherever. Being able to flip quickly between however many monitors that I have running, detune the video for black and white, or with fewer colors to make it faster, is amazing. You don't end up with that half-second lag as you do if you're using TeamViewer or something like that and you have a slow connection. With ConnectWise, you can tune that problem out. It is extremely useful with our customer base.

I have never had a stability problem. There was a period of a day or so once, a few months ago, when they had just become ConnectWise, that the responsiveness of their web-based servers was slow. Then they fixed that, so I'm guessing that was just the joys of rebranding.

I have not noticed any scalability issues.

We haven't needed their tech support. It's easy to understand, it works, it does what we need. The only reason I'd have to phone tech support is to tell them they have a good product.

We use them all when we have to, any of the conferencing softwares: Where the customers have their firewalls blocking out TeamViewer, or because of corporate policy, it's the only thing that they allow. The flexibility to manage bandwidth and organize connections, and the price, make ConnectWise a really good choice.

Their licensing model is good, their pricing model is good, their service is good, bandwidth is excellent. They're consistent.

We're in video conferencing, we're in collaboration, so we have used most of the products out there, and continue to, based on customer requirements. ConnectWise is a better match for our use case.

What other advice do I have?

We like it. We recommend it to other companies. It's easy to use, and it's easy to understand, and it works very well.

I would just say use it.