ConnectWise Control Review
Shows end-points' connection status so I can troubleshoot network issues

What is our primary use case?

Remote access to end-points. We don't use the unattended access functionality. We've had two people using it. We did not enable extensions.

How has it helped my organization?

It's much easier to use ProtectWise Control than to use, for instance, TightVNC or VNC Viewer. It's faster to connect to end-points.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to use. Provides connections that are always on. It was nice to be able to see a list of end-points and see whether or not they were connected so I could troubleshoot any network issues I had.

What needs improvement?

I don't really have any suggestions for improvement. I didn't even use the full ConnectWise suite. I'm sure if I did, there would be other good stuff, too.

There were no issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Tech support was very good. I got through in one or two pass-throughs, and that was it.

Setup was very straightforward. All I had to do was write a GPO on my domain controller and it automatically installed the agent that I downloaded from the software. I literally had to do nothing.

I think the product's pricing is a good value. I paid $600 a year and that was fine for me. It was about $50 a month. Licensing is all very straightforward.

I had other options, but I had a colleague who used this one so I tried it out and it seemed good, so I bought it.

Honestly, the only reason that I'm not continuing with this solution is that I'm going to be using a software called ManageEngine which has its functionality built into it. So I don't want to have two things that I'm paying for.

What other advice do I have?

Try it first before you buy it. It's really all just based on your personal preference. I think that the interface looks good, but someone else might not like the interface. It really just depends on how you like to set up your workflows and whether or not you like the way that they've set it up.