ConnectWise Control Review

Gives me reliable remote access and allows IT to troubleshoot problems

What is our primary use case?

Both my IT guy and I use it to be able to access any computer remotely. Only the two of us have access to it. We mostly use the remote support.

How has it helped my organization?

Recently I needed to remotely access the software at my office, and I was able to connect using the software and access the information I needed within a minute or two, rather than having to drive to the office to get into the computer system.

What is most valuable?

Being able to access any computer that's connected to it is the most important aspect. That's the reason we have the software.

What needs improvement?

I'm presuming that the software is designed as it is for a particular reason. An option I would want would want to have is a shortcut on my desktop, to click on it, and immediately be able to select which system I wanted to access and which computer in that system I wanted to access, and have fewer steps that I would have to physically go through to do so. However, I realize that to have it set up that way, there are numerous steps of security that I would have to be gotten around, and I accept the fact that I have to take three or four steps in order to get what I need.

When I have accessed software, it's worked. That's all I know. When I call my IT guy, and say, "Hey, we're having a problem," he can access what he needs and be able to see it within moments, so I don't have any problems with that.

I use it so rarely that I have not had a scalability problem, nor have I noticed my IT guy complaining about the inability to do certain things.

What other advice do I have?

Once I figured out how it worked, it's not too hard. It's a matter of remembering the numerous steps that are necessary to get into the software, and then to access the particular computer that I'm interested in. My IT guy can do it much faster than I can because I only rarely have to use it.