ConnectWise Control Review

It is super easy to use and relatively inexpensive

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is remote support. The product is extremely easy to use. I am the only person in my office using it.

I have enable all the possible extensions available through ScreenConnect. I use both the unattended access functionality and the remote support functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

We have received customer feedback on the quickness of our responsiveness and the solution deployment.

What is most valuable?

The unattended access functionality is a valuable feature, because I can go in at any time that I want, deploy fixes, or do maintenance.

It is super easy to use and relatively inexpensive.

What needs improvement?

Other product have the ability to merge both monitors into one space when logging in if a customer has more than one monitor set up on their station. Essentially, you are just seeing one big blob of screens that you can move your mouse through versus having to switch between the different monitors which are on the workstation with ScreenConnect.

There is one back-end issue that I am running into at some of locations where I login to provide support, and sometimes port 443 is blocked. That is what it uses to connect. So, I am having to do workarounds to get a session started.

It works great. I have never had an issue. I have never had it kick me out for no reason. I have never had any downtime.

No scalability issues.

I would rate their technical support as 10 out of 10.

I used LogMeIn and TeamViewer. I switched because ScreenConnect came to be more cost-effective based on the amount of features that they offered.

The initial setup is straightforward. Once the portal for you is generated, then you just download the Clients onto the machine that you want to run on unattended support and that is it. It is fairly easy. Then one of their extensions allows a builder for the Control Client through your portal. This way any user that you are trying to support can just go to your site, click that link, and it will download the executable. They just install it, then that machine pops up within your portal. It is super convenient.

It is priced well and it is still a great value. Although I have been reading a lot about Splashtop. They are getting pretty competitive on their pricing, including a fairly easy to use remote support for mobile applications, like iOS and Android.

We looked into Splashtop. Back then, I was just looking into some VNC client that I could install and manage myself.

What other advice do I have?

Just do it. Especially people who are subscribing to LogMeIn or TeamViewer, they are not going to miss anything.