ConnectWise Control Review

Session groups and triggers make a greater degree of organization possible

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to access my devices remotely, since it is simple to use and responds quickly. Four people in my organization will be using this product. We enabled the following extensions: Edit web.config appSettings, edit app.config settings, Guest Session Starter, and Translation Extension Builder.

We are primarily using unattended access.

How has it helped my organization?

The product's two-factor authentication means we are not worried like before about the state of our security.

What is most valuable?

Session groups and triggers are the most valuable features, because they make a greater degree of organization possible. A greater degree of organization is valuable to my organization, because we have many sessions to handle. Therefore, keeping track of them all would be more difficult without these features.

What needs improvement?

Support for PAC files on the guest's side and support for proxy on the host's side. Currently, there is no support for guest-side PAC files or for the host-side proxy (which uses authentication). If I can have this, it would be improvement. It would benefit my organization because we would be able to connect with guests using PAC files in their environment, then connect to our server from a proxy environment (which uses authentication).

Three to five years.

Once, after I had changed my security settings, the database data was corrupted.

No scalability issues.

Technical support is fine.

We previously used RemoteView.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The cloud version is relatively inexpensive, but the on-premise version is expensive if you do not need three technicians, only one or two for concurrent sessions.

We evaluated ISL Light.

What other advice do I have?

If you use proxies in your environment, then make sure to test out the product beforehand to see whether this product works in your environment.