ConnectWise Control Review

A straightforward product, which is easy to use and deploy

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for the solution is remote support, as it is simple and pretty easy to use. I have enabled the command prompt extension for Windows.

I use both the unattended access functionality and the remote support, but mainly primarily just the unattended access.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives me the ability to remotely connect to machines that I manage without user intervention.

What is most valuable?

The unattended access, because it allows me to remotely support my clients with ease.

There is an issue which is pretty rare, but I find it at least when connecting from my mobile device. I am forced to refresh the screen by changing the screen quality to get screen updates. This only happens sometimes.

The lagging can be attributed not necessarily ScreenConnect, but the internet connection on the other end. Therefore, I have not had any stability issues with being kicked out or anything. I have had some stability issues with the app on my phone. Though when working from the PC, I really do not have any issues.

No scalability issues.

I have not had to deal with their tech support very much. When I have, I was not thrilled with their support. I do not have a lot of time to deal with the attention which is needed to fix issues.

I switched to ScreenConnect ConnectWise because of the pricing increases with LogMeIn. I originally switched to TeamViewer, then with TeamViewer, it was just cumbersome with all the various versions that you have to deal with. ConnectWise was priced fairly, so I switched to it.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. I am using the hosted version, so there was no setup for me as the vendor does that.

It is priced fairly.

Make sure you have enough licensing for all the techs that you have. I am just a one-man show. It is pretty simple for me, as I just need one.

I have already used other options over the years.

ScreenConnect was recommended by various friends in the industry.

What other advice do I have?

I am overall satisfied with the product. It is a pretty straightforward product, which is easy to use and deploy. I do not have any qualms with it.