ConnectWise Manage Review

Has mass move and mass edit functions, and a refinable search function

What is our primary use case?

It's our daily ticketing board. That's where we keep all of our companies with all of their configurations. We handle ticket dispatch through there, meeting scheduling, all of our triage boards, and so on. So, incoming tickets to our help desk all go there.

All of our projects are managed through there, along with our quoting opportunities, our product catalog, and our agreements with all of our clients. Pretty much our whole company runs through ConnectWise Manage.

What is most valuable?

I like the search function up top where if you know what you're searching for, you can find it pretty quickly. Because you've got the option to change what the search parameters are, whether you're searching for a project, quote, ticket, or an invoice, you can kind of pick and choose what you're looking for.

Some of the mass move features are nice, as far as being able to mass move some tickets and do some mass edit functions.

What needs improvement?

There are some edit and mass edit functions that don't exist. You can mass delete tickets or mass move tickets from one board to another, but you can't mass change a company. So, if you've got 40 tickets that come in, that get generated, that don't get properly tagged with the company, you can't just check them all and reassign them to another company. You have to individually reassign each one of those tickets to a new company.

Also, I have seen some unreliability on some of the workflow rules where we have rules that are set to inspect our board every five minutes and move tickets that match certain criteria to different places. At times, these workflow rules just stop working for a few hours. Then, we end up having a bunch of tickets that start piling up that were supposed to be automated out.

Also, integration with some of their other services could be improved so that the process is not as clunky as it is now.

I've been using ConnectWise Manage for a little over four years.

Reliability is definitely something that I have issues with, especially over a bad connection. For example, I'm on satellite internet at home, and we have a cloud solution. So, I know obviously that we've got a good connection on the other side, but it seems like if a connection gets dropped in the middle of something loading, sometimes it doesn't properly re-request the information that I was trying to get.

So, for instance, if I'm pulling up a ticket and my connection gets disrupted slightly, a lot of the time it won't load the ticket notes. There will just be a blank section where you know there's supposed to be data. We've got a bot built in Microsoft Teams. So I can go into Teams and use an API call to pull that notes section out. So, I know it's there; it's just that the system isn't fully getting it to me.

I definitely experience that on a slow connection much more. When I'm in my office on a fiber connection, a 200/200 fiber, I see a totally different operation than that when I'm at home on a 35/5 satellite.

It seems to be scalable. I know that we've got hundreds of clients, both past and present. I know that there are MSPs that are using much larger solutions and that we're using ConnectWise. So I think as long as your hardware is set up to support it, it's as scalable as you want it to be.

However, when we were running an on-premises version, we did notice that we had some scalability issues using hard disks rather than SSDs.

We've got about 20 people using ConnectWise Manage. About 15 of those are techs, and the other five are admin personnel, our ordering, accounting, ownership, sales, etc.

From an end-user standpoint, I would say that technical support is decent, probably a seven or an eight out of ten.

From talking with the NOC staff, from an admin perspective, about handling actual server configuration issues, I've heard that they would rate support at three or four. I've heard that they're better with end-user support than they are with system admin support.

From an end-user standpoint, the initial setup is very simple.

The cost can be the main barrier. It's not a solution for a three person company. It just isn't going to be cost effective.

Because ConnectWise Manage does have everything there, the licensing is a little bit restrictive as far as how they granularly assign licenses rather than having more of an all-inclusive package.

You're going to get everything you want, but you're going to pay more for it than you would for some other solutions that may offer all the same features but may require more technical abilities in order to implement them properly.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that it provides everything that you need. I think it probably does everything that you need it to do if you're willing to go through the work to configure it properly.

I think ConnectWise is a great solution. However, I believe it's going to start losing market share based on its somewhat restrictive licensing practice. I would say that it's similar to a Cisco or an Avaya phone system, where you're going to get the best, probably one of the best things out there on the market, but you're also going to pay the highest dollar for it. Also, you're not necessarily going to have the best tech support because they will be supporting such a large clientele.

Overall, I would rate ConnectWise Manage at eight on a scale from one to ten. Their team doesn't know the API as well as they probably need to in order to support the admin personnel who are trying to utilize it.

More ConnectWise Manage reviews from users
...who compared it with Zendesk Guide
Find out what your peers are saying about ConnectWise, ServiceNow, Samanage and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.