Constant Contact Review

Allows me to send branded, and professional looking emails to my list but I hope they don't stray too far from their email product while trying to incorporate other functions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features to me are the email capabilities, the events module and the ability to send surveys. These are the things I use the most. I also rely on the social sharing tools to some extent.

How has it helped my organization?

With this product I am now able to send branded, and professional looking emails to my list. Additionally, the ability to allow people to sign up for my email list from my website, Facebook, even my email signature has improved the way we operate.

What needs improvement?

Constant Contact is constantly upgrading the product. For me, I hope they don't stray too far from their email product while trying to incorporate a number of other functions in their platform.

I've used it for six years.

No issues encountered.

Customer service appears to be a priority for Constant Contact. I get quick responses to email questions I send and their phone support is efficient and the people on the other line are knowledgeable.

10/10.

No, but I have researched a number of other solutions and I do use other solutions at times for specific purposes.

Initial setup is straightforward. It's a matter of creating an email template and uploading your email list. If you want, you can pay Constant Contact to do both these things for you, but doing it yourself is a snap if you follow their detailed, easy to understand instructions.

I used an in-house team.

Every email I send, gets people to click on something or contact me, and it works. Every email gets any number of clicks, and I always receive phone calls and emails after my monthly newsletter is delivered.

• Infusionsoft
  • Marketo
  • HubSpot
  • MailChimp

What other advice do I have?

Do your research. Look for deliverability percentages. Look for ease of setup. Read reviews about customer service. Look at samples. Take advantage of free trial periods to familiarize yourself with the products. Check to see what measures each product takes to prevent you from sending spam.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Personally, I am an authorized local expert and solution provider.