Constant Contact Review

It gives us a single solution for marketing our events via emails and taking on-line registrations, but it feels clunky and limited at times.

Valuable Features

• Email marketing
  • Online booking

Improvements to My Organization

As the organisation has gotten smaller, Constant Contact gives us a single solution for marketing our events via emails and taking on-line registrations. We can also manage participants through one channel via one person.

Room for Improvement

When I started using Constant Contact creating email was very flaky, in terms of crashes and usability (perhaps compared to Weebly etc.). It has improved, however, still needs improvement and email creation still seems clunky and limited compared to other online solutions or website building tools.

Also, I would like to be able to get people who sign on to our events to use Visa or MasterCard. I’m not a great fan of PayPal and neither are many people in the UK.

Use of Solution

I’ve used it over five years.

It takes longer than it should to create emails and clunky.

Normally it's OK, and experience normally tells me that when it is not good, it has something to do with your internet connection.

It's excellent.

It's excellent.

We have only ever used this product.

It was quite straightforward and I was given all the help I needed. The fact that we have been a customer for so long indicates how vital this solution is for our organisation.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

From a pricing perspective, this product is still a little high for a small charity like ourselves, especially considering we only run a couple of events a year. It would be nice if it was possible to sign up for six months stop, and sign up again six months later and keep your entire contact database.

On our larger events, I only take the booking and deposit on Constant Contact because of the amount of commission charged. It would be good if they did not do this, and people could pay in their sponsorship money also – commission free, or at least a much lower commission rate.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes in the UK, but I can’t remember what they are now! Given we are a small charity who run events with tight margins, Constant Contact offered the best solution. However, I would like to see lower pricing for a small charity like ourselves. Perhaps they you could give further reductions for loyalty.

Other Advice

It would be better for us all round if it was just a fee to use. We're currently looking at SI events to save money, but this product does not offer an email marketing solution. It would be nice they could throw in a website option.

Go for it, but as above find ways (if you are a charity) of avoiding getting money paid online, and having to pay more in commission as a result). It would be interesting to compare commission rates with JustGiving, but I have not checked lately.