Constant Contact Review

Gives us a more professional face to our clients

What is our primary use case?

I use Constant Contact to keep in touch with more than 500 clients. I will send promotions, newsletters, or anything else that our company feels should be communicated.

How has it helped my organization?

Every time that we send one out, we will get some kind of response. Therefore, we have learned to plan for a busy day of calls when we do send one out. It gives us a more professional face to our clients, since we have a nice looking newsletter. I like how it tracks what the recipients are doing with the email. For example, if they click anywhere, it will tell me who clicked and what they clicked. This is very nice for following up.

What is most valuable?

The editor is fun to work with. It is fun to design your newsletter based on the content you would like to deliver. Also, while you can only put a few photos in your library for your newsletters, you can also reference a URL for images so you can just post them on your actual website and grab them from there in the letters.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, you will be typing in a text box and hit the backspace, but the website will think you meant to go back a page.  Basically, you end up losing work when this happens and it is hard to predict. Thus, I have learned to save often and every time I finish a piece of content that I like. I do wish this could be solved, but it is more of a browser issue than a Constant Contact issue. It would be cool if they made an actual app with their own skin to solve the issue with browser incompatibilities.

Three to five years.

When you hit backspace while you are typing in a text field, it might go back a page in the browser.

None at all.

The only contact I had with support was for a simple question, about the tracking and if it was actually accurate.  The tech that I spoke to was knowledgeable.

This is the first mass emailing service that I have used.

It is very straightforward. I was able to export my contacts from Autotask and import them into Constant Contact, then I was ready to go!

I implemented it myself.

Less than a month, based on increased sales.

The cost is fair, and you end up making enough in sales to pay for it.

We evaluated MailChimp as well.

What other advice do I have?

If you are not keeping in touch with your clients, you should be.