Continuum Command Review

It offers an optional help desk, good patching, remote connection automation capabilities, anti virus, ransomware defense with a 1 million dollar guarantee.

What is our primary use case?

Continuum Command is a Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution and the basic use cases are remote connecting, patching, and some automation. It also has additional modules security and backup that can be added.

An example of automation is that I have some machines that need to be logged off every night, so I can push logoff automation for those. I can also push out a reboot action, as another example. I can do more complicated commands. You can set schedules up and it automates whatever tasks you want.

We have clients that we manage using this RMM.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to work on more clients efficiently. With a view of the dashboard I can see who has issues and who isn't patched. With 2 factor authentication I can allow clients to access their machines form home without a VPN. Other modules can be added to enhance security and offer backup solutions. They can even provide a US based help desk to do most of the managing for you if you want to go that route. I found the help desk a must have for server maintenance. They don't interact with the client. They report and work with you on solving issues that would be hard to find without them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the patching solution. Patching Windows machines can quickly become something that doesn't get accomplished. Since the patches are tested before implemented many patches that cause machines to have issues don't get implemented until they are fixed. The  two major patches that occur in Windows twice a year can be put off for 3 months. The next would be remote connection where logmein pro is used, There's a 24/7 help desk. and Webroot suite is standard. I use the security suite and have watch ransomware attacks get stopped in their tracks. Saving hundreds of dollars in lost data and time

What needs improvement?

Some additional automation functionality would be helpful.

I would like to see the incorporation of the dashboards for other products that they work with into the main dashboard.

It would be nice you were able to change the widgets on the main dashboard to be more of what you want. For example, a lot of the times you have three columns and you can only move the widgets within those three columns. You can move them from column A to column C. It would be a big help because a lot of the time, you don't use the main dashboard.

A price reduction would always be nice.

We have been using Continuum Command for about two years.

This product has always been very stable.

It seems to be very scalable. For all of my clients, I put it on the server and it automatically deploys, so it propagates onto the land on its own.

Technical support is very quick. I've dealt with them both on the phone and in chat.

For the most part, the product works very well so you don't really need a lot of technical support. However, for the few times that I have wanted to, for example, get some help with some automation, I was able to open a chat window with them and have anything that I needed answered very quickly.

We used Kaseya in the past and when I used it, it didn't work very well.

Continuum Command had more to offer and it was more expensive, but it's a much more stable product and it did what it was supposed to do.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. They have an onboarding team that walks you through a lot of things. The deployment only took a couple of hours because they deploy with an agent that you can push out.

The maintenance happens behind the scenes, so you don't really deal with it. They do give you updates and if there is an alert that comes along then they will email me.

In computers when they get behind on patching the are vulnerable to attacks. Most than that they get very slow. So my ROI is being able to work on calls that are real and not spend hours getting a machine to a current state before troubleshooting. It has drastically reduced my call volume.

The licensing works such that the more you add, the more it costs, but for the most part, the price starts at about $5 USD per client. The more clients you have, the more the price goes down. Also, the more you use, the more it goes down.

Mainly Kaseya

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is interested in this product is to set up a trial, set up a test LAN, and put down all of the key things that you want RMM to do for you and give it a shot. They'll give you a month for free.

At this point, this product does everything that I want.

Only the IT administrators need to use it, and they use two-factor authentication to connect with our clients. Depending on the client that they need access to, they would only see those clients.