Control-M Review
Automatic failover allows for active-passive high availability. You can upgrade or patch agents directly from the configuration manager.​

Valuable Features

With version 9, there is out-of-the-box automatic failover (high availability), as well as the new agent deployment tool.

Automatic failover allows for active-passive high availability. If the Control-M Application were to fail on one server, it would automatically start up and continue processing on the backup (failover) server.

The agent deployment tool allows for upgrading or patching agents directly from the configuration manager (CCM) instead of logging into each agent one by one. A big time saver.

Improvements to My Organization

N/A – We are a consulting company that implements this application for clients.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see the Mainframe Control-M IN/OUT Condition feature of Relative ODAT added to the Distributed Control-M.

Use of Solution

I have used it since 1996.

I have only encountered stability issues with the base installation; their product development team supplies fix packs for bugs.

I have not encountered any scalability issues; the product is scalable.

Technical support is 10 out of 10; support is available around the clock, 24/7.

N/A – We replace different solutions for clients usually due to high costs, lack of support or functionality of the legacy product.

Initial setup is quite easy; a wizard-based installation process.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I am on the technical services side and am not involved in pricing.

Other Solutions Considered

N/A – We only work with Control-M.

Other Advice

Do a proof of concept to see if it meets your needs.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a BMC Premier Partner.

Free Trial

Try Control-M for free with no commitment

1 Comment

Orlee GillisConsultant

What major issues have technical support proved most effective in helping you solve?

26 September 16