Control-M Review

Versioning allows for a restoration when an error is found.

What is most valuable?

Promotions between environments, as well as local, mass update, versioning, and self-service.

How has it helped my organization?

It is much easier to move and copy schedules. Versioning allows for quick restoration when an error is found.

What needs improvement?

It can definitely expand promotions, so that a single job can be moved. Currently you can only promote a job by promoting the entire table. In our environment we have very similar jobs in a flow but some are different so if i want to move just one of those jobs to all the other Control-M servers i would not be able to because it would overlay the entire folder. I want to be able to copy/move just a single job to prevent the overlay.

I have been using Control-M for 18 years.

I have not had any issues with deployment in any of the versions.

I can honestly say, I only had a stability issue once. Other than that one time, Control-M has been a very stable application.

No scalability issues at all. When we grew, we upgraded the server and it was back to business as usual.

I would give customer service a rating of 8/10.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10.

We used another solution. Our company was looking to standardize across the enterprise.

The setup was straightforward.

We had a single contractor and our in-house team. She was very knowledgeable of the product.