Control-M Review

What is most valuable?

Product is intuitive, you can start working with it and figure out the basics pretty quickly. The built in modules (examples: File Transfer, Database, File Watcher etc.) help eliminate custom built scripts which accomplish the same thing.

How has it helped my organization?

One big example I can think of is the availability of the Self Service plug-in. The non scheduling IT users or business users will actually be able to have insight into their automated job flows which is a feature that we never had before.

What needs improvement?

Quicker adoption of the newest versions of the product by all would help work out the bugs sooner.

4 and a half years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

Mostly on our end, as we grow learning how to properly increase resources of the distributed servers and spread out the workload.

I've been happy not only with the customer service overall but also the speed with which I am contacted after submitting a case.

The level of technical support for Control-M continues to meet my needs.

CA Workload Scheduler, archaic, not intuitive, lack of features.

In house.

Price is based on how many jobs come into the scheduler each day (not executions) across all your different environments.

This evaluation was done a year or two before I started working with the product.