Control-M Review

It maintains and monitors workloads

What is our primary use case?

• We use it to run batches in SAP, Teradata, WMS, Manhattan, and a wide array of applications.
  • We use it for mainframe, AS/400, Linux, Unix, and \Windows servers.

How has it helped my organization?

When we first started using Control-M, we had multiple scheduling solutions across several platforms. Going to Control-M consolidated all of them and allowed us reactivity across all of them based on the completion of processing.

What is most valuable?

• Maintaining and monitoring of workloads have been and continue to be the most valuable feature in our environment.
  • There is a batch monitoring tool called Batch Impact Manager, which proactively warns when processing is behind and SLAs are in jeopardy of being missed.
  • Their forecasting tool is very handy.
  • They also have an API interface, although I cannot speak to it as we have not amassed enough experience to provide a fair assessment.

What needs improvement?

BMC Control-M has a slight issue with daylight savings time while advancing the clock in the Spring. It is not catastrophic, but it does requires some manual intervention to be issue free.

More than five years.

9.0
More Control-M reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM Workload Automation
Learn what your peers think about Control-M. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.