Control-M Review

Enables batch job automation and the dashboards allow us to see what's happening

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily for batch job automation. It's working just fine.

How has it helped my organization?

It has certainly evolved over time. The latest versions have much better dashboarding and we can see what's happening. That is a significant improvement.

What is most valuable?

The automation of the batch jobs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see automatic license management. And probably more importantly, some kind of machine learning to help identify the optimum automation path.

More than five years.

It's very stable.

It's as scalable as we've required. We haven't seen any problem.

What other advice do I have?

Your process, standards, and control libraries: It's really important to have an advanced strategy around how development is going to take place. If each team is doing their own thing, it's hard to manage it.

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor, in this case, since it's a mature product, would be ease of migration and, obviously, reduction in cost.

I rate it a nine out of 10. What would make it a 10 would be a reduction in the cost and, even more so, the intelligent automation. The ability to do some machine learning and dynamically reduce the amount of time that the automation is taking is more important than cost at this point.

More Control-M reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM Workload Automation
Learn what your peers think about Control-M. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.