Control-M Review

If a job fails, that development team is notified right away, improving reliability

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our job automation, running jobs daily, monthly, and annually. So, it is all automation.

How has it helped my organization?

We use another product, which is a BMC competitor, and we were able to integrate the two product. Therefore, if a job fails, it is automatically contacting the development team who is in charge of that job.

What is most valuable?

Automation is its most valuable feature. It comes down to if you schedule a job, then it runs on its own. You don't need to have an operator manually start a script, start a mainframe job, etc.

I love the usability. It works.

If a job fails, that development team is notified right away, which improves reliability. Previously, it was on the operators to notify the developers that their job failed, erred, or aborted. Now, it's all automated.

I'm still fairly new to the product.

The technical support is great. They get it back to you right away. As soon as you open up a ticket, they are on it. I am happy with them.

We had a BMC competing product, then we integrated it with Control-M.

The initial setup was complex, because I wasn't used to it.

We used a consultant for the deployment. We had a great experience with them.

What other advice do I have?

We are not yet using the solution's application workflow orchestration.

We are not using it for business modernization initiatives yet.

We don't use any other BMC products.

We're not fully entrenched in Control-M yet.