Cornerstone careers reasonably small

Cornerstone OnDemand Review
I like the reporting, user interface and analytics.

Valuable Features:

• Reporting!
  • The user interface can be highly customized but the out of box, is really straightforward and easy for the learner to navigate to what they need to do. Its simple and clean. Admittedly I'm okay with an extra click for a user if the path is clearly marked and in CSOD it is.
  • The analytics are very easy to use - it produces the data quickly and easily, and can be downloaded and scheduled. Whether it is a report on who has completed a course, or an entire manager's direct and indirect hierarchy against a single class or a list of courses. Super easy and flexible.

Improvements to My Organization:

The organizations that we've helped implement CSOD are able to gain greater insight into the training completions of their organization through the LMS, track performance via the performance management module, gain insight into succession planning, attract and onboard the best talent through the ATS and Onboarding modules. However, its the streamlining of these processes going into the system that is the biggest advantage to the client.

Room for Improvement:

The reporting for certifications is tough – the clients I’ve worked with want to be able to report on Learner progress against the individual learning objects that roll up into each certification section but it’s unavailable.  You can report on the learner’s completion status but not on the status of the items themselves, i.e: Learner Jane has been assigned certification Y. She has completed these 3 learning objects of the 5 in the certification.  I worked with a client last year that was building out 400+cert paths and they had to order a custom/back end report from CSOD to even get a listing of what LOs roll up into each cert.

The certifications themselves are great in terms of they allow ease of assignment – manual or dynamic – and the ability to renew/recert is easy too. But I’ve found build out isn’t always super intuitive for clients moving from other systems. It’s easy once you have the hang of it.  I am told that certs has been a functional area CSOD is looking to improve upon soon so hoping an upcoming release will enhance the cert ability.

Use of Solution:

5 years

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

6 out of 10

Previous Solutions:

I've helped clients migrate from SABA, SumTotal, and a number of other platforms.

Implementation Team:

It all depends on the client's readiness - CSOD does not do a great job in prepping the client for the initial set up - they sign the contract and then throw some docs at them and wait. Can be overwhelming for the client org....which is where we come in!

Other Advice:

Do your due diligence before you sign a contract! Be prepared with your current state processes mapped, have your requirements clearly documented, create use cases where appropriate to illustrate the desired functionality, understand the data model dependencies on your HRIS and how that impacts desired functionality. And, be ready to dedicate the time and resources.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Cornerstone OnDemand?

Our experts can help. 233,256 professionals have used our research on 5,881 solutions.