Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks Review

A stable part of our security solution that correlates logs from relevant sources

What is our primary use case?

We use Cortex XDR as part of our security solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable for us is the correlation feature. You are able to correlate data that is coming from the firewall, network, server, and endpoints. This is one of our main requirements and makes for a good product.

It works with the data lake in an agent-based or agentless manner.

It is easy to integrate most with network devices, including firewalls, and Active Directory. We use firewalls from different vendors including Palo Alto and Check Point, and it supports them.

What needs improvement?

There are some third-party solutions that are difficult to integrate with, which is something that can be improved.

We have not experienced any issues with respect to stability at this point.

Scalability has not been a problem.

We have been in contact with technical support and are satisfied with them.

We have an in-house team for deployment and maintenance.

I have run a PoC with both CrowdStrike and Cortex XDR, and from my observation, I felt that Cortex was much better at meeting our requirements. It is also easier to use.

CrowdStrike was difficult when it came to integrating with other products and it does not work on mobile devices.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Cortex XDR is that it is a complete solution, and has very good features. From my experience, it is one of the better ones in the market. That said, no product is 100%.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users