Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks Review

Straightforward to set up and the support is highly-rated

What is our primary use case?

This product is part of a package that makes up our security solution.

What is most valuable?

The interface is easy to use and it is more up to date than our previous solution.

What needs improvement?

Although I would say this product is highly-rated, it could probably do more because nothing does everything that you want.

We have been using this product for about four months.

We think that this product will help us grow. We think that it meets our needs currently, and we can grow with it over time. There 12 people in the IT department who currently manage it.

The support is excellent. We had a couple of issues that we had to call for and I would say that they are highly rated.

Our older solution was from Fortinet. It was out of date and more difficult to use. The IT staff say that the Palo Alto product is better.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We worked with a reseller. They came in, we told them what we wanted to do and they set it up to our spec. The person who came in and helped support us was highly skilled and it worked seamlessly.

We pay about $50,000 USD per year for a bundle that includes Cortex XDR.

We evaluated Palo Alto and Trend Micro, and we opted for the Palo Alto Cortex XDR.

What other advice do I have?

I don't use this product on a daily basis but we like what we have so far and I would definitely recommend it to other users.

My advice is to make sure that you have a good implementor and that the reseller you're purchasing from gives you a highly-qualified engineer.

Overall, we are happy with this product but that said, nothing does everything that you want.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Secure Endpoint
Learn what your peers think about Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.