Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks Review

Helpful support that can be reached quickly and easily, and the endpoint reporting is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and one of the Palo Alto products that we implement for our clients is Cortex XDR (Extended Detection and Response).

It is also known as Traps, and it is mostly used for endpoint protection. For example, when remote users want to connect to their organization using a VPN, they will be protected.

What is most valuable?

The protection offered by this product is good, as is the endpoint reporting.

Once installed, this product is easy to manage, whether it is on-premises or the cloud-based management system.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of logs generated and an engineer has to go through all of the events to find out exactly what the bottleneck is. We do need to collect the events but this can be time-consuming. Being able to filter the events to see those that are related to the actual alert would save time spent by the engineer.

A better pricing plan would make this product more competitive.

We have been dealing with Palo Alto, including Cortex XDR for more than three years.

This is a stable product and it is good, but we will keep evaluating other products as we continue to offer this type of solution to our customers.

Cortex XDR is a scalable solution.

The technical support team is good, and we can reach them quickly and easily. However, finding a resolution might take time.

We have used Cylance in the past, although we stopped using it about three years ago.

We are currently using K7 Endpoint Protection. Unfortunately, it is not catching anything, whether it is malware or a virus.

When we first implemented this product, it was called Traps. However, I don't see any difference, other than the name. For new customers, it might be a bit difficult to install and set up. It takes perhaps eight hours to install.

I deployed this product, and I was also involved with the initial POC.

Only one admin is needed for deployment and a second person should be available to work with the users.

This is an expensive solution.

We are currently trying to evaluate ELK.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I can recommend it to others.

More Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Cisco AMP for Endpoints
Learn what your peers think about Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.