Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks Review

A robust detection and response solution driven by behavioral analytics

What is our primary use case?

We use Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks for its ability to detect based on behavior rather than simple virus scan to prevent malicious activities. We also use it to go in and white list things that are okay. This way, they won't get blocked.

What is most valuable?

The behavior-based detection feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

It'll help if customization was easier. It would be better than how it's now if it came out of the box using their stock set up to get it up-and-running. Then you go in, and you add more restrictive things to make it better.

I have been using Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks for a little over a year.

Technical support has been fine.

The initial setup isn't straightforward or complex. It's somewhere in the middle. Like 90% of the features are there out of the box. When you start doing more complex things, it becomes more complicated. For example, if we wanted to limit someone's ability to plug in and access a USB stick, we have to create a profile to do that, and that's an advanced functionality.

We did most of the deployment in-house.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks a nine.

7.2
More Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Secure Endpoint
Learn what your peers think about Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.