Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks Review

Scalable with excellent protection features and is very user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Cortex XDR is used for endpoint detection and response. This is software placed into endpoints and work in this cloud. In cloud has the analytics, login, prevention models, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

If a company uses Palo Alto and supports Cortex XDR for endpoint protection it is very well protected. Palo Alto is the best security solution in the market. It's very advanced and its protection is extremely reliable.

The solution doesn't need a high level of technical training. The solution is very usable and doesn't take a lot of personnel.

The product is very scalable.

The stability is very good.

What needs improvement?

For working with the solution, you only really need a web browser, however, we've found that working on Chrome, for example, is horrible.

Cortex does not offer an on-premises solution. However, some customers would prefer not to be on the cloud. It would be ideal if it could offer something on-prem as well.

I've been working with this security solution for ten years or so and Palo Alto Networks for two years.

The solution has been very stable and very reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's one of the best on the market.

The solution is very scalable. It works well for companies that are quite sizeable. If an organization needs to expand it, it can do so easily.

We have about 50 to 55 users on the solution.

I personally handle technical questions for those working with Palo Alto.

Support of Palo Alto is English, however, I work in this local technical solution, local technical and I'm working with customers with a warranty.

I've found technical support from Palo Alto to be very good. We're local and we can assist as well, however, Palo Alto is capable of handling any size of issue and they are quite helpful.

I am not directly handling the installation. My client is.

You do need a team of people on this solution that understand the cloud and the solution itself if you have a large, complex environment. If you have a robust security team, it's good. However, if you don't have the resources, it's not an ideal product.

That said, if your company requires a small, simple setup, one person may be enough. It really depends on the size.

My client is actually handling the installation. I often field questions from them, however, I don't participate in the installation directly.

For basic needs, the solution isn't very expensive. However, as you grow more complex in your needs, the more you use, the more costly it can get.

The licensing is typically for one year. There's a one-time installation. If you would like to continue with the service, you can continue. There's no need to install and reinstall.

What other advice do I have?

Cortex XDR is a threat analytics security manager that allows users to see what threats are going to endpoints. It's a very high-security solution.

The next step up from Cortex XDR is Cortex XSOAR. XSOAR is an automated threat solution. It's a security solution from Palo Alto.

I'd recommend the solution to others. I'd rate it at a nine out of ten overall.

More Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Secure Endpoint
Learn what your peers think about Cortex XDR by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.