CrossBrowserTesting Review

Live testing gives us the ability to identify potential issues on different browsers and devices proving to be a very useful tool.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case we use this solution for would be to test our Marketing websites.

With our websites, the users' needs are always expanding and growing. There are many times we are adding and taking away content, as well as modifying existing content and page layouts. Different campaigns are created with tracking measures and parameters that are validated for company use and reporting.

It is important in these cases that we are able to run tests on different devices and browsers with clear cookies and session storage to be able to see any differences and provide clear accurate results.

How has it helped my organization?

CrossBrowserTesting is an essential tool in our organization for key projects. Our marketing team gains the most from utilizing this tool to be able to test ongoing web enhancements and different tracking measures.

It crucial for our marketing team to be able to check our web pages against various devices and browsers with cleared caching to be able to get a viable user-end experience and accurate reporting. With the live testing tool and screenshots, we are able to compare the different results observed with the devices and browsers and implement fixes.

What is most valuable?

Our team uses the live testing feature almost daily to check for differences within a web page from browser to browser. The live testing feature is also useful when submitting data from our web pages using different parameters that affect cookies and session storage.

Each new session started with the live testing feature allows for a cleared browser and new experience to be able to not only see these attributes on the page clearly but also pass clean data.

The screenshots tool is another feature that we are able to utilize to get a quick grasp of high-level layout differences that may present during testing.

What needs improvement?

Being able to test on real devices via the virtual connection is wonderful, but it can cause some lag and load time issues while testing. This is one of the few concerns our team has had while trying to accomplish our testing. Going forward, I'm sure improvements can be made to help alleviate some of those concerns.

Expansion on automation and quicker testing is something that would greatly benefit our business needs. Smartbear has already implemented some automation on the platform that can be used and improved to fulfill our needs as well as many other users.

We have been using CrossBrowserTesting for nine months.

SmartBear offers bundles of products that work together. If you find yourself utilizing other project management programs in addition to testing programs such as this, it is helpful to have programs that work together cohesively.

This solution seemed to offer quite a variety of testing means such as live testing, screenshot captures, and some automation possibilities. We chose to go with this option over others for that reason.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this solution has proved useful to our organization, and with future improvements and the hopeful addition of devices, it will continue to be a tool we use daily.

More CrossBrowserTesting reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, BrowserStack, Sauce Labs and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.