CrossBrowserTesting Review

Improves our team's ability to quickly and effectively perform QA

What is our primary use case?

I use CrossBrowserTesting to run Selenium tests in the cloud. I have created a custom QA automation tool for my company and integrated it with CrossBrowserTesting via the Selenium API. I send the commands to CrossBrowserTesting over the API and my tests get executed in the desired browsers/OS combinations. I also use the CrossBrowserTesting Selenium API to retrieve a full list of all browser/OS combos so my QA automation interface can allow users to choose what browsers they want to test.

In addition, our entire front-end team uses the CrossBrowserTesting live testing feature to investigate browser issues and do manual QA testing.

How has it helped my organization?

The CrossBrowserTesting Selenium API and live test features have greatly improved our team's ability to quickly and effectively perform QA. We can access a specific browser/OS/device configuration extremely quick and our clients benefit from this as well, since we can test over a wider range of browsers, browser versions, and devices. Our automated testing tool takes screenshots as the tests execute, so now we also have the ability to archive our QA tests.

What is most valuable?

What sets CrossBrowserTesting apart from the rest is their ability to quickly respond to the needs of their customers. Every time I contacted support with a feature that I really needed, they were able to enhance their offerings to accommodate me. For example, I needed the ability to initiate a session with updated TLS settings (regardless of the browser/OS default settings) so I could run automated tests in legacy browsers. In less than two weeks, the team had added this enhancement for me.

Another great thing about CrossBrowserTesting is I can quickly access sessions and interact with the browser with virtually no lag time. CrossBrowserTesting recently introduced a WebRTC option which speeds up the experience even further. With other cloud testing tools, I have experienced lag times and inconsistencies (in regard to spinning up a new session). I have very rarely had issues with CrossBrowserTesting in this regard. If there are any issues, the support team responds immediately. There are always honest and forthcoming about what caused the problem and how they are fixing it.

What needs improvement?

The "Getting Started" documentation for Selenium testing could be improved. I was able to figure it out fairly easily, but I imagine some people might have trouble.

No issues.

No issues.

We previously used Sauce Labs. They were too expensive and their support team was always opaque in their answers to our questions.

We did the implementation in-house.

I tried Sauce Labs and BrowserStack.

1 Comment
author avatarUser
User

“The support team is top-notch. I have a great relationship with them. They are extremely honest and responsive.” “The CrossBrowserTesting Selenium API and live test features have greatly improved our team's ability to quickly and effectively perform QA