CrossBrowserTesting Review

With screenshots, I can quickly verify a page looks universally good in minutes

What is our primary use case?

Where I work as a QA analyst, we have developed a web app to help life scientists organize their labs and order lab supplies from a variety of manufacturers at low prices.

My primary use case of CrossBrowserTesting is to ensure new features that we have launched, or are about to launch, look correct and work as expected on all the most common browsers across the most common OSs.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution improves the customer experience using Quartzy.

It has saved us time and money on our web app. It would taken time to look across many devices and browser versions every time that we made changes to the front-end of the application. It also means less "broken pages" are seen by users by the time a feature is ready to launch.

What is most valuable?

I use the screenshot functionality most frequently and live testing on occasion. I have also used the record and replay functionality once or twice.

With screenshots, I can quickly verify a page looks good universally in minutes. It is also shareable to all my coworkers, so reporting issues to engineering are simple.

What needs improvement?

A few intermediary pricing options for small QA teams would be nice, e.g., unlimited screenshots, "as you need it" parallel tests, etc.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

SmartBear has excellent, informative webinars, so keep an eye out for those.

We did not have a previous solution.

The lowest price point is very reasonable. It is also useful if only one person in the company needs to check on the browser display.

We also looked at Selenium, Rainforest QA, and BrowserStack.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it!

1 visitor found this review helpful