CrossBrowserTesting Review

Saves time and money by offering "real" devices for testing our application, but is sometimes unresponsive

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is testing our application on various tablet/mobile devices. It is nice to have all of the devices you need in one place.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps lower the overhead cost associated with buying multiple devices. It saves time because we are not constantly upgrading to the latest OS on each device.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it gives us "real" OS devices that are available to test. On top of that, we don't have to ensure that all of the devices are up to date.

What needs improvement?

I have had quite a few issues trying to use a virtual machine to test our application on. Sometimes it will freeze or not respond. I cannot log in to our application because the VM does not always respond to keyboard functions.

I would also like to see more real devices in this list of those to choose from. I have had some of our customers come to us with bugs that are specific to a particular mobile device and I could not recreate the issue since we do not have the particular device and it is not on crossbrowser Galaxy S9 .Id like to see Galaxy Tab S4/ E lite added.

My impressions of the stability are neutral.

I am the only tester to use the app. I am not sure how well it runs with multiple users at one time. I've noticed freezing and experience slow response time fairly often.

Good customer service. No complaints here.

We did not use a solution prior to this one.

This solution has a quick and easy setup.

Our in-house team handled the implementation.

The cost of this solution depends on size and demand.

We did not really evaluate other options before selecting this one.