CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Review

Very scalable, easy to set up and excellent AI detection capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for server endpoint protection as well as client and user client endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows us to have a single pane of glass for observing our antivirus and for any malicious activity. It allowed us to simplify investigations as well. It's basically helped keep our organization more secure.

What is most valuable?

The AI detection has been excellent in terms of detection and stopping malicious processes with little to no input on our end.

Over the last year, we've had two instances where we've actually had to take a machine offline and do some forensics, however, for the most part, it's been great in terms of stopping anything suspicious from running on people's machines.

The solution is user-friendly.

The product seems to integrate well with other products.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't missing any features at this point. It's ticking all the boxes for our organization. There really isn't anything that I can see that would make me want to change providers.

The customization could be tweaked. We can do a bunch of custom dashboards. However, the one thing that I'm not a fan of is when you go to do an investigation, the way that the processes are laid out on the screen is very bland looking. While the information is there, it could be laid out better. I've seen other products like Cisco Secure that gives you a better view of the issues. Cisco just presents the data differently, and it's easier to look at.

I've been using the solution for about one year at this point.

We haven't suffered from bugs and have had no issues with updates. Everything is very light. It's very reliable and very stable.

We added about a thousand hosts since we rolled this out, and we have more coming online and have had no impact on our environment due to the fact that it's a cloud staff solution. The product is very scalable. There's no issue in that sense.

We have granted access to the dashboard to about five people, and it can be anyone from IT operations, server operations, and IT security.

Technical support has been great. I'd rate them ten out of ten. You can open up tickets right from the dashboard itself, and they're very quick to answer questions. We're quite satisfied with their level of service.

We used a different solution, and we switched due to the fact that CrowdStrike gave us the ability to replace our antivirus. At the time, we didn't have an EDR solution, therefore, CrowdStrike did both in terms of being able to detect an antivirus as well as proper endpoint detection and remediation.

The initial setup is not complex at all. The implementation is extremely straightforward and very easy.

Actually, one of the companies that we recently acquired was using another product and they wanted to know how easy it was to install our CrowdStrike. We had them uninstall their products on their servers and then install CrowdStrike, and it turns out uninstalling the other product took longer than the actual install of CrowdStrike.

Our company is very mindful when it comes to purchasing - whether it's software or equipment. I believe the folks that made the decision to purchase this product did so based on price and performance. I wouldn't say there is an issue with pricing. We are redoing our license with them. If that was an issue, I'm pretty sure I would have been asked to look at other products. Therefore, although I don't know the exact pricing, my assumption is that the cost is rather reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'd advise other organizations to definitely do a proof of concept in their organization, and then go from there.

Overall, I'd give the solution a nine out of ten. It ticks all the boxes for everything that we need to do for investigations in our environment.

More CrowdStrike Falcon Complete reviews from users