CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Review

Provides good network visibility, easy to work with, and deep inspection provides valuable insight

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is an ordinary antivirus. We also use it to watch the activity on the machine.

What is most valuable?

It has good visibility, works well, and it is fast.

It is easy to see what is happening and the reporting is good, although I still don't understand everything. We are still trying to understand all of the information that we receive. When a problem is being investigated, the product does a deep inspection and this is something that we really like. You can see things like which file is connected with which services. The deep inspection is something that we don't have in any other of our other tools.

The central console is good and it is easy to work with.

This product is easy to maintain on a daily basis.

What needs improvement?

There are some parts of this solution that are too slow. The performance slows down by between 10% and 40%, depending on what type of work the machine is doing. For example, we had to shut down our backup because it was too slow and it started to overlap with other tasks. We did not try to use our SQL database because there was too much of an impact. This is not on the network but on the machine and even a few percentage points difference is significant for us because of the volume of transactions.

Integration slows down the system a bit.

I would like to have an alternate dashboard view, which is somewhat simpler. The one it presents now is like Splunk, and it is very good, but it would be helpful to have a simpler one that only shows the basics like what you have and what it has found. As it is now, it takes time to get used to it. After a while, it won't be a problem for me or other users in the company. When you're working with a regular antivirus, it is much easier to set up and start using.

We have been working with CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for two months. We are still deploying and integrating it into our environment.

Because we are still in the process of initial integration, it is our partner who is in contact with technical support. We're still waiting for them to answer with respect to one issue, and now after waiting for two weeks, I cannot say that I'm very happy with that. However, given that it is the holiday season, it's pretty understandable.

I expect that it will be complete in January when we are fully operational. During New Year and Christmas, it is a bit of a lazy time for everybody.

We have several solutions in place. We have a firewall, antivirus, and email antivirus systems, and there are still things that pass through. This product is our fourth layer of defense.

The initial setup was straightforward for us because we had assistance. On our own, this would not have been as easy.

We had CrowdStrike partners who assisted us with the implementation. They asked us things like what should be protected and what should not be. It was a lot of work for our partner to complete the deployment.

At approximately €60 per machine, per year, I think that it's a good price point. When you compare this to Windows Defender for Endpoints, the price of that solution is about €50 Euro per month per user.

There are people who spend a lot of time trying to find the right price to sell new products at, so I always think that people know the value of their product and what price they can sell it at.

What other advice do I have?

Every solution has pros and cons. I don't see anything that is more advanced than other solutions, and it's just an ordinary spy product. I have to wait for some time to see how well it works in the real world, but it finds some malware and it finds some things that pass through as normal.

At this point in time, I can't yet say for the general case whether I would recommend this product. We are still having a problem with the slowness and the impact on the performance of the system. For workstations or servers that do not have a high load on them, I would certainly recommend buying it. In our case, we had to remove it from our backup servers. So, if you're already using a backup, or hosting servers for VMware or Hyper-V, or using a SQL database, then you should consider testing it first. I'm still not sure what will happen in our case.

At this point, I cannot rate it an eight or higher because we still don't have an answer on improving the performance. If ultimately they resolve our problem then I would rate this solution an eight or a nine out of ten.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More CrowdStrike Falcon Complete reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,655 professionals have used our research since 2012.