CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Review

Good intelligence, outstanding security whitepapers, excellent support, and does what it is supposed to do

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it for protecting themselves from getting ransomware. Their use case is just to protect their endpoints because it is really bad out there.

It is a hybrid deployment. You have to have agents on all the endpoints, and all the CrowdStrike AI is on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

Their intelligence is really good. The security whitepapers that they write are outstanding.

They handle it all for the clients. CrowdStrike Complete is managed by CrowdStrike. They only call a client if there is a problem that they can't address. They pretty much contain and eradicate. This is not something that every vendor provides.

What needs improvement?

People should be able to obtain training at any point of the engagement so that if somebody who doesn't have the basic knowledge is getting thrown into it, they are able to get trained, and CrowdStrike is able to help them out.

CrowdStrike is really doing what they're supposed to be doing, but it is like anything else where they have to keep up on their research and development, or they'll fall behind. This is a fast-paced environment, and I've seen that vendors that were really good three years ago are terrible now. CrowdStrike is trying to stay ahead of the bad guys. They have AI. I have not had a problem with them missing anything. If they missed something, they should just make sure that they don't miss it again and understand why they missed it. I don't know if they did.

I have been using this solution for years.

It is stable.

It is easy. All you need to do is to get the correct pricing. When you add more endpoints, you are going to pay more for the license. When you do mergers and acquisitions, it is always a concern. If you've got really good security products in one company but not in the other one, you have to bring them in.

Most of our clients are medium-sized companies. We also have large clients, but they have got full security staff. CrowdStrike does well in medium-sized companies because they need them really badly. With CrowdStrike Complete, they don't have to have the staff to manage it.

I have interacted with them, and they are excellent.

Our clients had other solutions, and they switched because they got ransomware. A lot of solutions aren't always what they say they are. Some are good, but people don't have the staff to manage them. With CrowdStrike Complete, you don't have to have the staff to manage it.

Its initial setup is very straightforward. The agents are really easy to roll out.

I always tell my clients that it is a partnership. You have to do health checks with them to make sure that you're doing what you should be doing and they're doing what they're supposed to be doing.  Sometimes, clients put products in place, and they leave them. Then they find out that they didn't set them right, and now they're a victim of a ransomware attack that they could have avoided. They had the right security product in place.

CrowdStrike should be promoting these health checks with their clients, and they do, but I don't know if all salespeople do it. That is so important because sometimes it is not the vendor that caused the issue. It is the client, but they didn't know any better.

They are really reasonable for the services they are providing. When you add more endpoints, you are going to pay more for the license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would advise others to get the best pricing and doing it around the quarters. You should really understand the pricing structure and the fact that you still need somebody to be able to take their call if there is something they can't do. Do health checks, and make sure that it is implemented correctly and you have got all your endpoints covered. It is a partnership between the vendor and the customer, and CrowdStrike is really good at that.

I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a ten out of ten.

More CrowdStrike Falcon Complete reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.