CrowdStrike Falcon Review

Very good for endpoint security; we've remained infection free without any downtime

What is our primary use case?

We use CrowdStrike for our endpoint security and we're about to tie it into vScaler. It's on every endpoint in the company and is used by everyone in the organization. It's anti-virus security software, so we'll continue to put it on every machine whether our company grows or shrinks.I'm the director of information technology in our company and we're a customer of CrowdStrike.

What is most valuable?

We rely on our environmental security and we haven't had any infections so that's valuable for us. It means we haven't lost any time due to the system being down from ransomware or anything like that, so it's quite positive.

What needs improvement?

Improvement could be made in the number of false positives we get, there are more than there needs to be. Typical Windows functions sometimes get stopped by CrowdStrike. In general, I'd rather err on the side of safety but some of these are really straightforward functions that should get through.

For the future, I think they need to keep building on their extensibility, the capability to be extended, so that it's not lost and we can utilize the knowledge that we're gaining from the endpoints.

I've been using this solution for a little over a year.

This is a stable solution, I'm unaware of any failures.

Scalability is expensive but it works. We've installed it on more than 900 machines in the corporation and it covers every role from civil engineers, architects, HR people, office workers and the server. Maintenance takes the equivalent of one full-time position but it's a shared responsibility among the IT team.

The technical support do a good job.

The initial setup occurred before I began working here although I believe it is quite straightforward. The install process for machines is pretty good. If we want to de-install it's not so great, but overall it's tolerable.

I believe that we pay about US$ 65,000 annually which covers 900 machines in the company. There are no other costs but there are additional features that can be purchased but we haven't done that.

What other advice do I have?

CrowdStrike do their job well and can be compared to other solutions on the market such as SentinelOne and Huntress. They do need to be more extensible because right now they don't play well with others and it's a bit of a challenge on the management side.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More CrowdStrike Falcon reviews from users
...who work at a Hospitality Company
...who compared it with CylancePROTECT
Get Fast and Easy Protection Against All Threats

Protect your organization from all threats - not just malware - even when computers and servers aren’t connected to the internet. Start your free trial and deploy CrowdStrike Falcon within minutes to start receiving full threat protection.