CrowdStrike Falcon Review

Inexpensive, doesn't slow down devices, and an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for real-time ransomware protection.

What is most valuable?

The solution hasn't picked up a virus yet, so I don't know if I'm able to really discuss the most valuable aspect of the solution just yet. It's very new.

It's not costly, and it's not constantly running, it's only looking for suspicious items when it starts to take action. There's nothing constantly scanning your device, so it's not slowing anything down in that respect. That's what I liked about it the most.

It's not your traditional antivirus that just sits there constantly scanning your computer for Trojans and malware, etc. This doesn't take any action until it sees something actually going on.

The initial setup is very simple.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't have a whole lot of email security on offer. We did know that going into the purchase, however. We decided to get a different solution for that aspect of security.

They have a sandbox feature, but it's all they do. They have different grades. There's the Socket Pro and then there's an ADR. Then there's another one where they pretty much watch your system for you. And it's all different. It's all based on the price you want to spend. I wasn't going to drop a large amount of money.

They don't really have anything when it comes to scanning attachments. That would be something I would like.

I've only been using the solution for one month. It's still a relatively new product for us.

The technical support so far has just been helping with the setup via the initial webinar. The technician was very knowledgeable. He knew what each feature meant. If I had a question about it, he went into great depth. I've been quite satisfied with technical support so far. As a whole, they are very easy to work with.

I had Bitdefender for three years before switching to this solution.

They were fine. I didn't have a lot of problems, but I'd been hit with ransomware four times while I had Bitdefender. I considered that as kind of a sign that maybe we should change things up.

The malware, as far as uninstalling, wasn't triggering the antivirus. I wanted something a little more advanced, due to the fact that the Ransomware protection just really wasn't there. The anti-virus aspect was pretty good. The email protection was pretty good, as well.

The initial setup is pretty easy. It's very simple to work with. It's been really easy to install.

I did one webinar with a support engineer. He showed me how to set it up, and to run with it.

We just did a screen share. He gave me insights into the best possible way to set it up and that's how I rolled it out. It was a helpful experience.

The pricing on CrowdStrike is per license. It was about $42 per seat yearly.

I looked at Komodo, a Gen One antivirus. I liked their product. It was pretty good. They have what is called a sandbox feature where you could take a file or the endpoint security will take the file and dump it into like a virtual sandbox and run it to test its safety. It turned out the file was malware, the solution would remove it.

We decided not to go with it, however, due to the fact that it didn't have many reviews. Komodo is actually cheaper than CrowdStrike. I've been down the road before with bad antiviruses and had some bad experiences. Since they didn't have a whole ton of notoriety out there, you didn't see a lot on it, which kind of scared me away from it, even though I liked what they had.

CrowdStrike, it's new, however, Amazon uses it. My thoughts are if it's good enough for them, I assume it's good enough for me.

We looked at Sophos as well, however, it was very expensive. Sophos offers everything, and they are a great product, however, for us, the price was just too much.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a special relationship with CrowdStrike.

We're using the most up to date version of the solution right now.

So far, I've had good luck with this solution. That said, it hasn't hit anything. I won't get a true test until I actually get somebody that sends up malware. In the meantime, no news is good news.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten right now. They're pretty good. I haven't done anything super-advanced or to spec. There's a lot there to work with if I want to, however, I keep it pretty basic. I only have a couple of policies. It's not a huge company, so it's not real hard.

Private Cloud
More CrowdStrike Falcon reviews from users
...who work at a Hospitality Company
...who compared it with CylancePROTECT
Get Fast and Easy Protection Against All Threats

Protect your organization from all threats - not just malware - even when computers and servers aren’t connected to the internet. Start your free trial and deploy CrowdStrike Falcon within minutes to start receiving full threat protection.