CrowdStrike Falcon Review

Offers a cloud-based option and has good stability

What is most valuable?

I like that it's cloud-based instead of on-premise.

What needs improvement?

I miss a feature for the USB control that they have as an add-on. I haven't gotten to the point where I want to pay for it, but the features that I miss are available.

The biggest issue with Falcon as a standalone product is it doesn't have very much reporting.
Out of the box, the only weakness is the level of reporting.

All the analytics and the telemetry are there, it's just a matter of getting to it. Other vendors offer some of that stuff right out of the box.

CrowdStrike Falcon has been very low maintenance. There are features on it that I haven't touched yet. I've got a SIEM that I haven't really had time to explore fully. I have a patch management system that does what it does. I have a firewall and IDS that do what they do, and I have an endpoint security system that does what it does.

MSPs keep asking how one person can keep up to the different solutions and alerting, if you don't have any problems, then it's pretty easy to keep up. Everything does what it does.  I don't experience any of the issues that apparently a lot of people have on their network. How can I tell you what to improve if it's doing what it's supposed to do?

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon since June of 2019.

The stability is good; we haven't experienced any glitches or bugs.

We're a small company so the scalability is fine for us.

I don't have to talk to their technical support often. When I need help, I contact them by email.  Sometimes it takes a little while to get through to them, but otherwise, when they respond the issue is resolved. Not a real concern.

We had Vipre business on-premise, the product was being discontinued and I wanted to move away from an on-premise solution.  At the time Vipre did not seem to be quite as mature as other options.  I understand that they have improved quite a bit since I looked at them last.

The initial setup was straightforward. Initial agent deployment took roughly 15 minutes.  SIEM integration required some coordination between vendors, but was relatively uneventful when support teams were involved.

Licensing cost is negotiable. There are no additional costs.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine. I'm sure there's always something that can be improved.

We evaluated Vipre, Carbon Black, and a few others.

What other advice do I have?

There are half a dozen players out there that are the best of the breed. Pick one.

When it came to CrowdStrike versus Carbon Black, configuration and setup were deciding, driving factors. CrowdStrike was much easier to configure, but overall, is it better or worse? I can't make that judgment call.

All I know is what I've been told by other vendors that are trying to get my business. They tell me about issues that I've never encountered with the products that I have. In summary, take what a vendor says about another vendor's product with a grain of salt.

More CrowdStrike Falcon reviews from users
...who work at a Hospitality Company
...who compared it with CylancePROTECT
Get Fast and Easy Protection Against All Threats

Protect your organization from all threats - not just malware - even when computers and servers aren’t connected to the internet. Start your free trial and deploy CrowdStrike Falcon within minutes to start receiving full threat protection.