CrowdStrike Falcon Review

Offers good insights when it has a detection

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

When we have detections, I get insight into the top-down view of where it thinks it saw the problem and what triggered the detection. This allows us to have insight into what it thinks it is compared to what could have we have really been doing.

What is most valuable?

It seems to do a pretty good job of protecting the host. Gives good insights when it has a detection. It's pretty incredible.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for six months.

So far, it's been 100% stable. Besides the very lightweight agent, it's all Cloud-based, so I haven't had any downtime.

Scalability is super easy. The deployment was easy. It's all price based. Money is the biggest challenge, not deploying it. It requires one system engineer.

We have around 400 users. There are five of us who manage it, including the help desk, system engineers, and the director.

We haven't needed to contact support yet.

We previously used Cylance. We switched because they weren't innovative. It was the same product that we bought three years ago. They were a great product and they had a job and they did it well. They just didn't ever innovate and they never improved. It's the same products we bought for the same three years. CrowdStrike was more innovative and it seemed to be a better long-term product. They seem to be improving constantly.

The initial setup was very easy. The deployment took about 60 days. We had a few methods of deployment. We did a push method. We had an agent tell all the machines that we were able to script it and push the apps to that.

We used the project management of CrowdStrike's themselves for the deployment. They were really good.

We haven't had any outages based on malware or ransomware. I can't put numbers to it, but not having that kind of an outbreak definitely has an ROI attached to it.

We looked at a few other solutions but the main competitor was Carbon Black.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. It does what it needs to do but there's always room for improvement.

More CrowdStrike Falcon reviews from users
...who work at a Hospitality Company
...who compared it with CylancePROTECT
Get Fast and Easy Protection Against All Threats

Protect your organization from all threats - not just malware - even when computers and servers aren’t connected to the internet. Start your free trial and deploy CrowdStrike Falcon within minutes to start receiving full threat protection.