CrowdStrike Falcon Review

Allows us to stay in business by keeping our systems up

What is our primary use case?

It blocks all the stuff bad actors are trying to do to our users.

All our end user systems and servers are on-prem and cloud workstations desktops everywhere.

We are using the latest version minus one release (N-1).

How has it helped my organization?

It provided us visibility into our endpoints that we did not have before. The telemetry and data that it collects allows us to respond to possible incidents much faster, containing the host as well as jump on the host for remediation.

CrowdStrike Falcon has done an excellent job at detecting breaches. It has allowed us to stay in business and kept our systems up.

What is most valuable?

CrowdStrike endpoint detection and response (EDR) is excellent. It blocks the bad stuff without user interaction, allowing us to stay in business. For example, one of our service providers has been down for five days now with ransomware. Also, four of our partners have been down over the past two months with cyberattacks, and we can't do business with our partners.

What needs improvement?

CrowdStrike Suites and the way that it bundles things can be a bit challenging. It should be easier to integrate with the other stuff that they sell or be included with what they sell. We have one piece, then they are talking about another piece on vulnerability management all of the sudden, and we don't own that piece. We can see it in the console, but nothing shows up. It simply appears within the tool as an option, but we can't use it without purchasing it.

I have been using it for a little over three years.

The stability is very stable. There have been no issues.

We have automated all our CrowdStrike Falcon updates.

It is very scalable. There have been no issues at all.

CrowdStrike's technical support is excellent:

• Quick to respond
  • Quick to help
  • Very responsive
  • They have always been able to solve the issue.

I was a McAfee customer for 20 years before switching. It was like night and day, where McAfee is old technology, and CrowdStrike Falcon is new technology. On a scale of one to 10, McAfee is at one and CrowdStrike Falcon is at 10. There is a really big difference.

We came from an on-premises solution. With more people working remotely, that became an issue. The fact that this is a cloud-native solution provides us with flexibility and always-on protection.

It was very easy to deploy the solution’s single sensor. We used our deployment tools to push it out. Because it is a single agent, it is very lightweight, easy to install, and updates itself. We came from a competitor who had multiple agents, upgrades, and DAT files, where you could have very few of these with 100 percent working. However, since there were six different modules, they all had to be kept updated, which was a nightmare.

This solution was a simple, easy push. Once it is on there, it updates automatically and we don't have any issues.

For deployment, we use a tool called Quest KACE. We also use SCCM.

We did about 10,000 hosts in around two months. We have had growth through acquisition. Now, we have 12,000 hosts.

We did it ourselves.

For the deployment, there was one FTE (a Level 2 PC technician) for eight weeks. For maintenance, it is pretty much set and forget it. There is very minimal maintenance and zero dedicated staff.

We bought a very small number of licenses, then ran it for a year. We bought a 100 licenses for a year, so we didn't actually do a proof of concept. We just bought them. Then, the next year, we bought 10,000 licenses.

We received a quote three years ago, and it was almost seven figures. CrowdStrike got money from investors to displace competitors, like Symantec and McAfee. Then, our quote was very low, which is why we were able to do this. The first year, the quote was almost a million dollars. The second year, it was a little over $100,000.

We also evaluated Cylance and Carbon Black. We went with CrowdStrike Falcon because of the single agent and price. The other solutions required multiple agents, and I did not like that at all.

Compared to the other solutions that we evaluated, CrowdStrike Falcon has a similar ease of use.

What other advice do I have?

We are a very happy CrowdStrike Falcon customer. I highly recommended it. It works.

I would rate this solution as 10 out of 10.

More CrowdStrike Falcon reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with Carbon Black CB Defense
Get Fast and Easy Protection Against All Threats

Protect your organization from all threats - not just malware - even when computers and servers aren’t connected to the internet. Start your free trial and deploy CrowdStrike Falcon within minutes to start receiving full threat protection.

Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.