CrowdStrike Review

What is our primary use case?

It's security-related product. A security environment based on AIML. It is not like the older stuff, which used to have signature-based updates.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us with security and managing threats that we see currently in our environment.

What is most valuable?

Because it is security product and acts like an AIML smart product, not merely based on daily/weekly updates and signatures.

What needs improvement?

Unfortunately, native applications are not supported.

Less than one year.

It manages around a few thousand endpoints and servers in our environment, and it is doing well so far.

There are no issues in terms of scalability.

We can call the tech support, if needed. Then, they have a dedicated rep for us.

It went well. We just installed an app on all the endpoints or devices. They have a good console which helps do this. So, it is as simple as that.

We are using this for endpoint security, so it doesn't need to integrate with anything else.

We evaluated three to four other vendors.

During the PoC, we figured out that this product is far better, and it met our requirements. That is why we went for CrowdStrike. With our PoC, they did a good job in explaining the product. So, the PoC went well, and we were able to achieve what we intended to with it.

What other advice do I have?

Do a thorough PoC. Don't go ever go by the sales team unless you have tested it and know it works for your environment, because every environment is unique. The sales guy will promise you the moon. Only unless you have tested, you know it delivers.

The product has met its purpose for us.

We use both the on-premise and AWS versions. They are both good products and very simple to move, install, and configure.

1 Comment
Cloud Security Engineer at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employeesUser

Hi,
What you mean please by not supporting native applications? could you please explain it more?
Thanks and regards,