CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Review

Good monitoring and recording features and has a good interface

What is our primary use case?

I'm a senior specialist in cybersecurity technology. We are partners and resellers of CyberArk and a system integrator company. We're not the end-users. Our customers are generally interested in the Privilege Access Management solution and EPM which is an extension of that.

What is most valuable?

In terms of valuable features, this really depends on the customer. Many people try to secure access for third party contractors and try to protect access to their systems. The session recording is usually a required feature. Monitoring and recording are valuable features, particularly the recording.  I personally like the privilege analytics part of the solution. The Privileged Access Management solution is a valuable feature of the product. The interface and dashboards are good too.

What needs improvement?

I know that in earlier versions several windows would pop up for connection to different systems, and admin would prefer to have it in one screen. I believe that the issue has been solved in the latest version and there is now one screen. And the price is always quite high.

As an integrator, an additional feature I'd like to see is for the product to include out of the box connectors. We could then speed up implementation, add more logins and so on, it would help speed things up.

No complaints about the stability of the solution.

I believe that scalability is fine.

It takes quite a lot of time to properly deliver the solution. There are sometimes issues with the out of the box connection so they then need to come from implementation.

Although not for all customers, the deployment is usually on-premises and the license is usually a perpetual one. CA is a killer in the price point of view.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.