CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Review

Every aspect of the solution is very well integrated and it is fail-safe

What is our primary use case?

There are threats that get opened because of the vulnerability of privileged access that says to directly put it in a vault.

What is most valuable?

Every aspect of the solution is very well integrated, and that gives comfort. It is a fail-safe kind of environment. I think that's the fail-safe feature makes customers comfortable because there are no non-integrable stuff or cures. For example, a vault would have its own anti-virus,  its own application, its own operating system to stay hardened. It is absolutely hardened for it to be protected from the outside world.

What needs improvement?

Having a cloud version would be very helpful. You have to invest a lot of money for the infrastructure hardware so the cloud version would help.

My organization has been using this solution for a few years but I joined the company three months back.

It is very stable.

Our clients are large enterprises. It is easy to scale.

Our customers contact us for any technical support, but we are able to sort out customer issues to a very large extent. We only had to connect with CyberArk at L-3 level or L-4 level. We are able to address most of our customer's issues.

I would rate their support a nine out of ten.

We have had customers use a competitive product that CyberArk has replaced but it is not very common. It is not very easy to change your Privileged Access Management framework so easily.

CyberArk is fail-safe, it has a threat intelligence filter, and prevention threat attacks. That sets the product apart from others, and I think the other part is their ability to onboard a maximum number of resources like storage network, security, IoT devices, and RPAs. Its ability to pervasively onboard almost all critical privileges and resources across the organization is where it stands out in a really big way.

I didn't implement it. I don't believe we've had any problems implementing it. I've never heard any issues. I'd say it's neutral.

There are costs in addition to the standard licensing. There is an implementation fee. Those are additional fees and the customer has the annual maintenance, the software, and whole maintenance cost added to that. So there are additional costs besides this standard license.

What other advice do I have?

The most important phase is the discovery phase. Pay the most attention to that. Spend the most amount of time on the discovery phase, which is really the startup planning. The project becomes smoother. Book stricter guidelines on timelines and let there be a senior sponsor part of the project so that you are able to get milestones addressed quickly otherwise, these projects tend to drag longer.

In the next release, I would like to have the cloud option and all of the features that come with it.

I would rate CyberArk a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.