CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Review

With the PSM connect option, authorized users do not need passwords to open a session. The user experience needs to be improved.

What is most valuable?

The features that I value most are the PSM connect option, where an authorized user doesn't even require a password to open a session to perform their role. Another feature that I think is really valuable is being able to monitor a user's activity; there is always a log recording activities performed by the privileged accounts in CyberArk.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool has definitely helped us manage all the privilege accounts, which mostly have access to the organization's crown-jewel data. Additionally, having a monitoring system puts extra visibility on these account's activities, so any irregular activity is highlighted and quickly escalated.

What needs improvement?

I think there can be improvement in providing information on how to develop connectors for various applications’ APIs.

Additionally, I think the user experience needs to improve. It's not very intuitive at the moment. An account could be more descriptive, and could have more attributes based on its functionality.

I have used the product for almost a year. I have been part of the implementation project and post-release, supported account onboarding.

For the most part, there weren't many stability issue. Usually the issue persisted with system/application accounts, with the API and the object ref ID not being in sync.

I didn't feel there were any scalability issues.

Although I was part of business side of the team, and I only had interaction with internal engineering team, I found the internal engineering team very helpful and knowledgeable about the product and how it worked.

We previously used a different solution, and then we updated it; we did not switch.

I am unable to comment on this, as I was not part of product evaluation team.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that this tool does what it advertises. If your business/organization has crown-jewel data, this is the tool to use.

From a security standpoint, I find the tool very reliable and innovative. However, it could improve the user experience and become more intuitive. When the user experience becomes more intuitive, then I am willing to rate the product even higher.

More CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault reviews from users
5 Comments

author avatarOrlee Gillis

Thanks, Ashish. Which added features would you hope to improve in the UX in the near future?

author avatarit_user528927 (Owner at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees)

Hi Asish. you do know there are connector-courses given by CyberArk? these training sessions are given in Europe and AP. I'm off to munich next week for this one. check out the site for planning and contect! kr, Chris

author avatarAshish Khanal (Accenture)

Hi Orlee,

Thanks for your response. Based on my experience, users who are using CA for the first time, have to go through account search process via global search option. In my opinion, approved users should see list of all accounts they are have access to under the accounts tab which will be much easier than doing a global search and finding the account they need to checkout/connect. Additionally, if attributes such as Environment, as well as Application/Asset can be associated to the account, it'll be helpful for users who aren't sure whether there is already an account they can use for the application/asset. That way user's can either retire accounts that aren't in use and also minimize proliferation of privileged account creations.

Thanks,
Ashish.

author avatarAshish Khanal (Accenture) (Accenture)

Thank you Chris - I'm aware of CA training and our engineers have attended the sessions remotely. However I myself haven't taken one, but hope to find courses that are for Strategy folks as well..

Thanks,
Ashish

author avatarOrlee Gillis

Ashish, may I ask where you generally look for these types of courses? Are there any that you can recommend?