CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Review

Very good security, good scalability and a recently lowered pricing model

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution is to gather privileged accounts from different systems and to contain privileged accounts in one secure place.

What is most valuable?

Security is the solution's most valuable feature. As far as I know, this solution is the most secure system of this class on the market today, even considering another management system like Fudo Security, which we also use. The integration capabilities are very good; it helps strengthen our overall security.

What needs improvement?

The interface and user experience could be improved. In comparison, in Fudo Security, items are very searchable and it's very comfortable to work with. CyberArk is not very good at that. It could be improved and it wouldn't be too complicated to do so. The solution is too big and complex for any business that is small or medium-sized. They should offer a more compact version or make a solution better suited to smaller businesses.

I've been using the solution for five to ten years.

It's an enterprise-level solution. So long as you can afford it, you can scale.

I've never had to reach out to technical support.

We didn't really use a different solution. We use Fudo Security, but it's not for password management alone. It's more of an all-in-one solution. We still use it; it's cheap and it's a very simple solution in comparison to CyberArk.

The initial setup is okay; I'd rate it seven out of ten in terms of ease of use compared to other solutions.

Many different things during installation are not straightforward. For example, it would be better to make some kind of pre-installed machine or virtual machine or to make it easy to deploy various ISO files. There are competitors that have just one machine and no infrastructure involved. It would also be better if they embedded the license or offered some free options.

Deployment took about a month.

As far as I know, CyberArk changed its pricing policy for our region. Overall it was very expensive a few years ago, but now, just around a year ago, it became less expensive and it's easier for us to sell it.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

In terms of advice, I'd suggest others follow the implementation carefully.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's not easy to install and it's got too many components which means it's not really suitable for small or medium-sized businesses.

More CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.