CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault Review

Stable, secured access solution with good flexibility

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for third-party developers that come into our infrastructure from VPN to connect. They are organizations that are outside of our organization.

How has it helped my organization?

Before CyberArk, our developers would connect from the VPN directly to the jump servers to get all of their access. We have removed the jump servers to connect to CyberArk.

The security has improved. We know who is accessing and what they are doing. The access is secure.

CyberArk has increased our security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is flexible. It has many connectors. that have done well, the EPV and SSH sessions are all being recorded and everything works fine.

What needs improvement?

This solution does not support the SQL Developer. We have to purchase separately from CyberArk and we have to ask them to develop it.

This solution is a bit complex compared to other solutions. The installation and administration are complex.

Some things can be done through the interface, but the whole installation process and upgrade process can be done with the installation script but it's complex.

This is too complex for some organizations that do not have a large scale.

In the next release, they could simplify the setup and I would like some tasks added like file sharing. When a client connects to CyberArk and wants to put a file on the server, they cannot.

I thought that the client would be able to drop a file onto the server and the file would be visible on the server.

I have to disable the connection to provide a copy and this is a security issue, and I closed this file to the client then he can't upload and files to us.

They need to come up with a way for the client to file share with CyberArk.

I have been using this solution for six months.

This solution is stable. We have not had any issues.

This solution is scalable but pricey.

There are fifty users and they are developers.

I have not contacted technical support. I am not an engineer, I work for the bank and I have implemented this solution.

Previously we used Fudo and jump servers with OTP. It is not the same, but from a security perspective, it is also quite good and less expensive.

The initial setup is complex.

You need at least one engineer to manage the software. I must have dedicated people to administer it.

We worked with integrators for the installation. The first step was the installation process and the hardening. This process took two weeks to implement.

The migration process was more complex and more time-consuming.

This solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to compare with other products and if they don't want such a large solution they could try Fudo or a similar solution that is easier and can scale like CyberArk.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.